SD67 Indigenous Book & Film Club
- Want to take action on Truth & Reconciliation but not sure where to start?
- Want to be ready for our first ever day of Truth and Reconciliation? Or to work on some of the themes of the district equity scan?
- Want to keep deepening your learning about the diversity of Indigenous communities in Canada?
- want an accessible way to learn about some of the history and culture of Indigenous peoples?
Then please join us for our next book club discussion on the novel:
- Wednesday, Sept. 29
- 3:30 pm at Skaha Park near the gazebo
- Bring a lawn chair - snacks and drinks will be available
Please contact Erica Fitton, at email@example.com
To borrow a book:
Please contact Melissa Berrisford, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have questions, or would you like more info?
Please feel free to reach out to Eva Koch by email email@example.com for more information.
B.Sc. B.Ed. (she, her, hers)
School District 67
I gratefully acknowledge that I live, work, play and learn on the beautiful, unceded territory of the Okanagan Syilx.
Thursday, Nov. 18, 2021
|Thursday, Feb. 17, 2022||Thursday, May 11, 2022|
(current TV show - comedy)
Highway of Tears,
by Jessica McDiarmid
Indians on Vacation (2020),
by Thomas King
Other Titles We've Reviewed:
April Raintree; Beatrice Culleton
Indian Horse- Richard Wagamese
The Reason You Walk – Wab Kinew
Smoke Signals (film)
Highway of Tear (documentary)
The Break (Katherena Vermette)
Up Ghost River (Edmund Metawabin)
Son Of a Trickster- Eden Robinson
Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian- Sherman Alexie
Bearskin Diary – Carol Goldeneagle
First Contact Season 1 (TV series)
The Inconvenient Indian – Thomas King
Seven Fallen Feathers – Tanya Talaga